Ubuntu 14 LTS
Operating system description
Ubuntu is one of the most popular versions of Linux today, for
the most part by desktop users, however it is also a robust system
for a server environment. Ubuntu is based on Debian and uses the
same packaging system DPKG.
Ubuntu is sponsored by Canonical.
about Ubuntu Linux.
Create virtual machine for Ubuntu LTS
To install Ubuntu server, you must install a new virtual machine,
please go to the section Creating
a virtual machine
and follow the procedure.
Install Ubuntu LTS
- Once you have created the virtual machine, the "Install
Operating System" window appears; choose the option
- Stand alone Operating System>Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS.
- Click on the Install button. The installation process
- At the end of the process use the CHANGE ROOT PASSWORD option.
- You may also use the "Select Timezone" option:
Ubuntu LTS post-installation
- When the base operating system is installed,you are ready to
configure software, resources, storage, etc.
- The installation system automatically configures the first
hard disk partitions and all network cards and their
corresponding IP addresses, so there is no need to perform any
additional configuration at this level.